1. I feel like wine and crafts go hand-in-hand. Pop open your favorite, then clean and de-label the bottle.
2. Get a run-of-the-mill glass cutter or shell out a little extra for this guy.
3. All you need to do is make a light cut around the bottle. A steady, sober hand is key here.
4. What breaks the bottle to a clean cut is alternating between a boiling hot bath and ice one. A few times back and forth will stress the cut line.
5. Sand down those edges, we don’t need a trip to the ER. Use any type of screen (window) and cut a little hole in the center for the cotton rope to go thru.
6. The rope needs to hit the bottom. Tie a knot to secure it. Insert your screen piece inside the inverted top.
7. Plant your favorite herb and fill up the bottom with water. It will sip the water thru the rope.